Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Reason for the Season!

It's about this time every year that I start thinking about how blessed I am. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas time and only worry about the numerous parties you have to attend, Christmas gifts, vacations, ect. Volunteering at the community food bank earlier in the season made me realize how many families are not fortunate enough to have food on their tables without the help from others.

A few weeks ago, my mom came home from school (she teaches 7th & 8th grade language arts in a very poor area of Fresno) and told me that it broke her heart to talk to one of her students about Christmas that day. She asked one of her students if he was excited for the holidays and he replied "not really". My mom asked why not and he told her that they don't usually do anything special and last year all he got was a t-shirt. My heart broke a little bit too.

Take some time this holiday season to remember what's important & give back to your community and others in need. Even if it's the change in your pocket, it can make a difference in someone's life.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment